Wanna get our awesome news?

Subscribe to our newsletter!


Actually we won’t spam you and keep your personal data secure

As the voice of the Indian restaurant industry, we represent the interests of 500000+ restaurants & an industry valued @ USD 4 billion. Whether a chain or independent restaurant, the NRAI is here to help every step of the way. Join us!


New Year party? Get a licence first


Noida: If you are planning to organise a party on Christmas or New Year Eve in your housing society, you will need to get a temporary licence from the district excise department. People organizing parties without obtaining a valid licence will be booked, district excise department officials said on Wednesday.

Kuldeep Yadav, district excise officer, Gautam Budh Nagar, said that the organisers of parties in farmhouses, banquet halls, restaurants, public places and residential housing societies need to get a licence for the party. “The one-day licence will be given on a payment of Rs 5,000,” Yadav said.

The excise department has formed a team for inspection to ensure that all the organisers of parties where liquor will be served have the licence. The operators of restaurants and hotels usually get the licence for these occasions.

However, the excise department is focusing on housing societies for the temporary licence. Officials said that violators will be booked under the UP Intoxicant Prohibition Rules, 1978.

The department had issued 35 licences for parties on New Year Eve last year. They are expecting the number of applicants to be higher this year, as many people have recently shifted to housing societies.

“Party organisers will be given the licence, which will be valid till midnight. People seeking extension of the programme need to get an NOC from the district administration. Our teams will conduct inspection of all these parties,” said Yadav.

Traffic department officials said they will also run a special enforcement drive to check drunk driving.

Source: Times of India

Recommended for you